SCCTP is a program of the CONSER (Cooperative Online Serials) Program and the Program for Cooperative Cataloging. SCCTP provides training materials and trains experienced catalogers to present the materials but does not sponsor the actual workshops. SCCTP trainers work with workshop sponsors to set dates and all expenses are paid by the sponsor. Honoraria are given at the discretion of the sponsor. Complete information on SCCTP is available.
Two train-the-trainer sessions are being scheduled for winter 2003. The first will be held in Philadelphia on Friday January 24 in conjunction with ALA Midwinter. PALINET will be assisting with the logistics of the course. The second session will be held in Seattle in February, dates to be announced. There is no cost for the training or the materials but trainees are responsible for paying their own expenses.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience cataloging integrating resources.
- Experience in training, such as SCCTP workshops, NACO or BIBCO training, other cataloging-related workshops, or significant in-house training.
- Support of your institution in providing your expenses to attend the training session and in providing paid leave of absence for you to give two SCCTP workshops a year. The number actually given may vary, depending on demand and the availability of a trainer.
- Current SCCTP, BIBCO or NACO trainers: Send an email to Ana Cristan (acri at loc.gov) indicating your specific experience with integrating resources and the session you would like to attend. No references are needed.
- All others: Send an email to Ana Cristan (acri at loc.gov) with the following information:
- Your name, title, mailing and email addresses and telephone and fax numbers.
- Which session you would like to attend (Philadelphia or Seattle)
- A brief description of your cataloging experience involving integrating resources, and your experience with providing cataloging training.
- Names of three references who can attest to your cataloging experience and training ability
Please send in applications or expressions of interest by: November 15. Confirmation will be sent out beginning after Nov. 1. A maximum of 30 people in each session may limit acceptance.
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave. SE
Washington, DC 20540-4160
email: jhir at loc.gov
I have replaced the @ symbol with "at" to prevent spam. If one of the SCCTP courses is offered in your area, take advantage of it. These folks know their stuff.