Tuesday, August 26, 2003

RSS

Steven at Library Stuff points to RSSlets - Functional RSS Feeds.
My ultimate vision for RSSlet is a service that allows users to generate dynamic RSS feeds that actually do something functional from any web page. I'm a big believer in iterative and interactive design and development. So in line with this, rather than developing the service in its entirety and then releasing it to the world, I'm starting with making some of my prototype explorations available for use and feedback.
The RSSlets go to FedEx, Google and those kinds of places. How about some that go to libraries? Something that checks if a book is available? Could this be tied into John Udell's LibraryLookup? Maybe something that could check several local libraries. I use two city libraries and a county library, something that checked all 3 catalogs would be nice. There must be many useful tools that could come from this.

No comments: