Friday, February 06, 2004

TX Library Conference

I've just received the program for the TX Library Association Annual Conference. Looks great as always. This is one of the largest library conventions in the country, but not as intimidating as ALA.

One of the speakers is Jenny Levine, the Shifted Librarian. Love the title of one of her presentations "George Jetson Goes to the Library." I'd like to meet her and chat over the homemade root bear at Shilo's, but I'm not recovered enough to make the trip to San Antonio. Jenny enjoy the conference. Hope you come back next year.

Other folks I'll be missing are Roy Tennant and Ralph Nader.

Some of the sessions include:

  • Archives Online: Metadata for Special Collections
  • MARC, XML, and FRBR - Oh My
  • What's the Big Deal About XML?
  • The Architecture of Digital Archives

No comments: