Sunday, August 14, 2005

Yet another Example of Why to Avoid Microsoft and Go Open-Source

About a year or so ago I bought MS Plus! Digital Media Edition. I registered it when I bought it. Worked fine until today. Now it is asking for a registration key. I can't be expected to keep track of cases forever. Calling MS help line is a long-standing joke. The software I own has just stopped working and I'm stuck. Downloading some free open-source tool that works when needed seems so much easier.

I tried to submit a help request via their on-line form. After I submitted the request it took quite a time to send and then came back with a message saying it was not sent and to hit their back button. Hitting the back button did nothing but bring up the same page. I tried the whole process again with the same result.

No comments: