Tuesday, November 15, 2005

MS Office 2003 Research Pane

A few days ago I asked about the MS Office 2003 Research Pane. I received some responses I want to make sure everybody sees. Doing a bit of Web searching I found the MSDN Library entry instructions. Turns out you must be delivering information in XML, so we won't be able to implement this. Back when Office 2003 just came out the Shifted Librarian had an essay on this. She points to a community college library that has done this. Here is a site with instructions on adding the service from OAI-PMH.

Adding services to the research pane is bit involved, but if you are providing XML already it is a service you could institute.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Thanks David -- I didn't look before I posted. Not a project for my "spare" time :)