Friday, April 27, 2007

Problems at LC

Back in January we received an invoice for our subscription to Classification Web. We paid it from our deposit account. Since then we have continued to receive invoices and no replies from LC. We have e-mailed them many times. We call, but the voice-mailbox is full. never does a person answer. Now they have cancelled my access, since we did not paid the bill. Only we did, months ago. What is going on at the Cataloging Distribution Service? Anyone have a secret to contacting them?

2 comments:

Patricia Thompson said...

People on the Autocat email discussion list have been saying for over a year now that staff cuts at CDS have resulted in the inability to get any response there. So that's what is going on. I don't know what we're supposed to do about it, though.
Pat

Christine Schwartz said...

Dave,
The same thing happened to me last year. With a lot of persistence--trying to call everyday when CDS first opens--I finally was able to speak with someone who turned out to be very helpful. I had to re-fax my renewal paperwork and then they turned Class Web back on. Good Luck!