Sunday, December 02, 2007

Texas Library Association Annual Conference

I'm signed up for TLA. Did it too late to get a decent rate on a conference hotel so I'll be staying behind the convention center. From the map it looks close, not a bad walk. I'm on the ballot for councilor for the Digital Library group. So, I'll be going there and to the TRGCC events.

Last Spring I suggested they have Cali Lewis on the program. She lives in Dallas and has a video podcast, Geekbrief. Her story is great, two years ago she was working at a u-rent-space place and heard about podcasting. Without any experience she and her husband started one . Now, that is their job. She has been on TV and rubs shoulders with Web 2.0 luminaries. Since I was the one to suggest her, I hope she gets a good turnout. I should be there unless it conflicts with the DL or TRGCC events, or its part of a preconference workshop. Hope not.

No comments: