Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Changing LC Subject Headings

A post on AUTOCAT alerted me to this, suggestions for changes to LC subject headings can be made from the Authorities & Vocabularies service. There is a suggest terminology tab at the top of the page. I missed that for how long?
The LC Authorities and Vocabularies service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.

Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
No need to be a SACO member, or even a librarian.

1 comment:

VickieP said...

I went to that page, hoping I could submit some subject headings related to sexuality that are not relevant to the library where I work. I want to submit these terms, but not do it from my place of work because it's not appropriate there.

Anyway, when I got there, it seems to be asking for alternative terminology for "Library of Congress subject headings," not new subject headings themselves.