The MODS/MADS Editorial Committee and the Library of Congress are pleased to announce a new version of the Metadata Authority and Description Schema, MADS version 2.0. This is the first major revision of MADS since its initial release in 2005. MADS web site: http://www.loc.gov/standards/mads
MADS schema version 2.0: http://www.loc.gov/standards/mads/mads.xsd
Major changes in MADS 2.0 are:
A complete list of changes in MADS 2.0 may be found at http://www.loc.gov/standards/mads/changes-2-0.html. MADS user guidelines are under development and will be made available soon. Please direct any comments or questions on the MADS 2.0 Schema, or MODS/MADS developments in general, to the MODS Listserv http://listserv.loc.gov/listarch/mods.html.
- Elimination of dependence on the MODS schema
- Updated elements that are the same in MODS to reflect version 3 (e.g. added additional subelements under hierarchicalGeographic, added descriptionStandard under recordInfo)
- Addition of authority URI and value URI for controlled lists
- Addition of
- Addition of an otherType attribute on
for relationship types not enumerated in the schema
- Ability to specify if a subject heading can be subdivided geographically
Tuesday, June 07, 2011
Image via WikipediaNews from LC.