The Library of Congress is pleased to make available additional vocabularies from its Authorities and Vocabularies web service (ID.LOC.GOV), which provides access to Library of Congress standards and vocabularies as Linked Data. The new dataset is:
In addition, the service has been enhanced to provide separate access to the following datasets which have been a part of the LCSH dataset access:
- Library of Congress Name Authority File (LC/NAF)
The LC/NAF data are published in RDF using the MADS/RDF and SKOS/RDF vocabularies, as are the other datasets. Individual concepts are accessible at the ID.LOC.GOV web service via a web browser interface or programmatically via content-negotiation. The vocabulary data are available for bulk download in MADS and SKOS RDF (the Name file and main LCSH file will be available by Friday, August 12).
- Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Library of Congress Children's Headings
Please explore it for yourself at http://id.loc.gov.
The new datasets join the term and code lists already available through the service:
- Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH)
- Thesaurus of Graphic Materials
- MARC Code List for Relators
- MARC Code List for Countries (which reference their equivalent ISO 3166 codes)
- MARC Code List for Geographic Areas
- MARC Code List for Languages (which have been cross referenced with ISO 639-1, 639-2, and 639-5, where appropriate)
- PREMIS vocabularies for Cryptographic Hash Functions, Preservation Events, and Preservation Level Roles