The annual Nancy B. Olson award (formerly called "OLAC Award") recognizes and honors a librarian who has made significant contributions to the advancement and understanding of audiovisual cataloging. The Awards Committee selects a recipient based on nominations received, subject to approval by the Executive Board at the midwinter meeting.Submit all nominations and supporting documentation by Friday, February 15.
Eligibility for nomination is as follows:
The award recipient will receive an engraved plaque containing an inscription recognizing his/her special contribution to the field.
- Nominees may be OLAC members, but membership in the organization is not a requirement.
- The nomination must be accompanied by a statement that provides supporting evidence of the nominee's qualifications.
- Nominees shall have made contributions to audiovisual cataloging by:
- Furthering the goals of standardization of AV and/or computer file cataloging, including MARC coding and tagging;
- Interpreting AV and/or computer file cataloging rules and developing policies on organization for these materials on the national and/or international levels;
- Promoting the understanding of AV and/or computer file cataloging, coding and data exchange by professionals unfamiliar with these materials and processes.
Monday, January 07, 2013
The Nancy B. Olson Award Committee is now accepting nominations.