The latest version of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This will be the final release in the 1.x series, with a 2.0 release planned for later in the year.
The new release includes several significant enhancements:
Additionally, several bug fixes and minor improvements have been incorporated.
- Support for hierarchical collections of records, allowing better integration of archival materials and digital repositories.
- Built-in support for running without an Integrated Library System, making VuFind more convenient for non-library uses and offering smarter behavior during temporary ILS outages.
- The ability to provide custom recommendations to the user when no search results are found.
- An improved and expanded mobile interface.
- New index fields allowing VuFind to be used as an article index.
- Optional Clickatell support for text messaging.
- Several new interface translations: Basque, Catalan, Czech and Russian.
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
News from VuFind.